Thursday 17 February 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Yank at Oxford, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1938!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1938 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Mary Berry: Novelist.
- Mary Frances Berry: Educator / head (US Commission on Civil Rights).
- Buck Trent: American banjo player.
- Martha Henry: American/Canadian actress.
- Leo McKernan: American merchandise marketer and CEO of Clark Equipment, a construction/large equipment manufacturing company.
- 1st public experimental demonstration of Baird color TV (London)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?