Thursday 17 February 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Yank at Oxford, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1938!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1938 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Mary Frances Berry: Educator / head (US Commission on Civil Rights).
- Buck Trent: American banjo player.
- Martha Henry: American/Canadian actress.
- Leo McKernan: American merchandise marketer and CEO of Clark Equipment, a construction/large equipment manufacturing company.
- Mary Berry: Novelist.
- 1st public experimental demonstration of Baird color TV (London)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?