Thursday 6 March 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Ivan the Terrible, Part I, directed by Sergei Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1947 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Rob Reiner: American actor, director, producer, and activist.
- Kiki Dee: British singer.
- Martin Kove: American actor.
- John Stossel: American journalist who virtually pioneered consumer reporting on television, garnering more than 19 Emmys.
- Tony Badger: English historian and academic.
- Killer Khan: Japanese wrestler and actor
- Jean Seaton: English historian and academic
- Judy Loe: Urmston Manchester, United Kingdom -- Actress (Singles, Meaning of Life)
- Dick Fosbury: American high jumper, won olympic track & field gold medal at 1968 games. He continues to be involved in athletics as President of the World Olympians Association.
- Ludwig Weber: Composer, dies at 55.
- XB-45, 1st US 4-engine jet bomber, makes 1st test flight, Muroc, California
- XB-45, first US 4-engine jet bomber, makes first test flight, Muroc, California.
- USS ''Newport News'', the first completely air-conditioned warship,!--what does that make wartime submarines...?-- is launched in Newport News, Virginia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?