Tuesday 6 March 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erhard Karkoschka and Ed McMahon in Detroit.
Mad Love, directed by Dimitri Buchowetzki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1923 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Erhard Karkoschka: Composer.
- Ed McMahon in Detroit: Michigan, USA; TV host (The Tonight Show, Star Search).
- Raymond "Bill": Hoffenberg; college president (Wolfson at Oxford).
- Jürgen Manger: German film/tv actor, comedian, author, entertainer.
- McMahon : American actor, TV host and spokesman who hooked up with Johnny Carson on the daytime show "Who Do You Trust," 1957-62.
- Herman Leonard: American photographer (Born 1923)
- Ed McMahon: American comedian game show host and announcer (d. 2009)
- Wes Montgomery: American guitarist and songwriter (Montgomery Brothers) (d. 1968)
- Cards announce their players will wear numbers on their uniforms
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- You Tell Her - I Stutter - Billy Murray
- Carry Me Back to My Carolina Home - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Journey's End - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Lovin' Sam (Sheik of Alabam') - Nora Bayes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?