Friday 6 March 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jackie Zeman in Englewood and Jan Kjaerstad.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
Lili, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Space Command.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1953 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Jackie Zeman in Englewood: New Jersey, USA; actress (Bobbie - General Hospital).
- Jan Kjaerstad: Norwegian author.
- Madhav Kumar Nepal: former Prime Minister of Nepal.
- Andre Ferrella: American contemporary artist who is being noticed increasingly.
- Phil Alvin: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Blasters).
- Jay Ilagan: Filipino actor (d. 1992)
- Madhav Nepal: Nepali banker and politician 34th Prime Minister of Nepal
- Carolyn Porco: American astronomer and academic
- Malenkov becomes chairman of the USSR.
- Georgy Maksimilianovich Malenkov succeeds Joseph Stalin as Premier of the Soviet Union and First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?