Sunday 6 May 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
Godzilla, King of the Monsters!, directed by Ishir Honda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1956 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Roland Wieser: German race walker and coach.
- Phil Differ: Scottish investigative journalist, amiable and laid-back.
- Lakis Lazopoulos: Greek humourist, playwright, actor and songwriter, surnamed the "Greek Coluche".
- WRCB TV channel 3 in Chattanooga, TN (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Gus Bell (Cincinnati Reds) homers off Bob Miller in both ends of a double header.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?