Wednesday 30 May 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
Rififi, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1956 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Tim Lucas: American author screenwriter and critic.
- Stéphane Martin: French senior official, currently President of the 'Musée du quai Branly' in Paris, a museum featuring the indigenous art and cultures of Africa, Asia, Oceania, and the Americas.
- Piero Chiambretti: Italian television presenter, whose first TV appearance was in 1977, when he co-presented the show "Non siamo gazzose" with Erik Colombardo, aired by Grp, a local TV channel broadcast in Piedmont only.
- Bus boycott begins in Tallahassee Florida
- Mickey Mantle misses by 18 hitting 1st HR out of Yankee Stadium
- US performs nuclear test at Enwetak (atmospheric tests).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?