Saturday 6 November 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves by Cher.
In UK Coz I Luv You by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Bedknobs and Broomsticks, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1971!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1971 ?
- Clonie Gowen: American poker player and sportscaster.
- Laura Flessel: French athlete, a fencer who won a Gold Medal at the Atlanta Olympics for Single Epee 7/21/1996 and a Gold Medal for the Team Epee 7/24/1996.
- Derrick Alexander: NFL wide receiver (Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens).
- Jason Gardiner: Choreographer.
- Great Harp closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 7 performances
- The United States Atomic Energy Commission tests the largest U.S. underground hydrogen bomb, code-named Cannikin, on Amchitka Island in the Aleutians.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- John Lennon - Imagine
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
- Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?