Thursday 6 October 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
One Way Passage, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 6 October 1932 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 6 October 1932 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
See other famous people born on 06 October
Patrick Cauvin: French writer, born as Claude Klotz, pen name Patrick Cauvin.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Subscribe to our Newsletter
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1932?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Senator Huey P. Long -- Oct. 3, 1932
- Science: Science vol. 76 issue 1970
- Time: Head of the country's second biggest life insurance company, Prudential Life and member of Princeton
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Many of the earliest books, particularly those dating back to the 1900s and before, are now extremely scarce and increasingly expensive. Hesperides Press are republishing these classic works in affordable, high quality, modern editions, using the original text and artwork.
Second in the trilogy that began with The Good Earth, Buck's classic and starkly real tale of sons rising against their honored fathers tells of the bitter struggle to the death between the old and the new in China.
Louis Golding (1895-1958), a Ukrainian-Jewish writer born in Manchester, wrote Magnolia Street, a 1932 bestseller based on the Hightown area of Manchester, as it was in the 1920s featuring a street divided into 'gentile' and 'Jewish' sides.
Tell the world why 6 October 1932 is such a special date for you!