Monday 24 October 1932
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Night After Night, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1932!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1932 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Stephen Covey: American author and educator (d. 2012).
- Pierre-Gilles de Gennes: French physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007).
- Adrian Mitchell: English journalist author poet and playwright (d. 2008).
- Robert Mundell: Canadian economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Pierre-Gilles Gennes: French physicist; won a Nobel Prize for Physics 1991 for studying boundary lines between order and disorder.
- Guy Pauthe: France sport Champion
- British government signs trade treaty with USSR
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?