Wednesday 19 October 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lloyd Haynes in South Bend and Robert Reed in Highland Park.
Red Dust, directed by Clark Gable, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1932!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1932 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Lloyd Haynes in South Bend: Indiana, USA; actor (Pete Dixon - Room 222).
- Robert Reed in Highland Park: Illinois, USA; actor (Mike - The Brady Bunch, Nurse).
- Giulio De Angelis: Italian contractor, a builder in Rome and father of the race driver, Elio De Angelis.
- Robert Reed: American actor best known for being the paterfamilias Mike Brady in the TV series "The Brady Bunch," a silly, corny and endearing show which ran from 1969-1974.
- Mary Reardon: American accused and acquitted of homicide.
- Arthur Friedheim: Composer, dies at 72.
- British government signs trade agreement with Soviet Union
- Henry Ford gives his 1st radio speech
- Jimmie Foxx wins AL MVP and Chuck Klein wins NL MVP
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?