Wednesday 19 October 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Red Dust, directed by Clark Gable, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1932!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1932 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Mary Reardon: American accused and acquitted of homicide.
- Robert Reed in Highland Park: Illinois, USA; actor (Mike - The Brady Bunch, Nurse).
- Giulio De Angelis: Italian contractor, a builder in Rome and father of the race driver, Elio De Angelis.
- Lloyd Haynes in South Bend: Indiana, USA; actor (Pete Dixon - Room 222).
- Robert Reed: American actor best known for being the paterfamilias Mike Brady in the TV series "The Brady Bunch," a silly, corny and endearing show which ran from 1969-1974.
- Arthur Friedheim: Composer, dies at 72.
- British government signs trade agreement with Soviet Union
- Henry Ford gives his 1st radio speech
- Jimmie Foxx wins AL MVP and Chuck Klein wins NL MVP
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 October 1932 and get them!