Sunday 6 September 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stage Struck, directed by Busby Berkeley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 6 September 1936 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 6 September 1936 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
See other famous people born on 06 September
David Benge: American mystic and artist who studied and taught Tarot for over 20 years.
Jo Worley: American entertainer, an actress and comedienne.
Make this date unforgettable
Subscribe to our Newsletter
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1936?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Clark Gable -- Aug. 31, 1936
- Time: Clockwise from left: Spanish General Francisco Franco, President Manuel Azana and Gen. Emilio Mola
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Since its original publication in 1936, Gone With the Wind—winner of the Pulitzer Prize and one of the bestselling novels of all time—has been heralded by readers everywhere as The Great American Novel.Widely
Santayana's The Last Puritan, 1st Ed by George Santayana. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1936. First edition. 602 pages. Hardcover w/Jacket. Solid copy, moderate wear
As the war rages through the Mohawk Valley, newlyweds Gilbert and Lana Martin must arm themselves with knife and musket and face a powerful alliance of green-coated Tories, British regulars, and the Iroquois.
Tell the world why 6 September 1936 is such a special date for you!