Monday 6 September 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Banner Thomas and Jon Erikson.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Project XX.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1954 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Banner Thomas: Rocker (Molly Hatchet).
- Jon Erikson: United States -- 1st to triple cross English Channel (1981).
- Eve Luquet: French stamp designer.
- Carly Fiorina: Former US business executive who is actively seeking the Republican Party's nomination for President of the United States.
- Demetris Kizas: Cypriot footballer.
- Ève Luquet: French engraver and designer
- Patrick O'Hearn: American bassist and composer (Missing Persons)
- John Sauven: English economist and environmentalist
- 68th US Womens Tennis: Doris Hart beats A Louise Brough (68 61 86)
- 74th US Mens Tennis: E V Seixas Jr beats Rex Hartwig (36 62 64 64)
- US plane shot down above Siberia
- WINS NYC begins playing rock n roll with Alan Freed Show
- Yankees use a record 10 pinch hitters
- The SEATO treaty is signed in Manila, Philippines.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?