Sunday 7 August 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Diane Downs and Wayne Knight.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
To Catch a Thief, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1955!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1955 ?
- Diane Downs: American homicide.
- Wayne Knight: American actor.
- Greg Nickels: American lawyer and politician 51st Mayor of Seattle.
- Blas Rodríguez: Cuban librarian.
- Vladimir Sorokin: Russian author and playwright.
- Gregoris Valtinos: Greek actor and director
- Bar-Ilan University founded in Israel
- KSTF TV channel 10 in Scottsbluff-Gering, NB (CBS / NBC) begins
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 August 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - Unchained Melody
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?