Sunday 7 August 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
To Catch a Thief, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1955!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1955 ?
- Wayne Knight: American actor.
- Greg Nickels: American lawyer and politician 51st Mayor of Seattle.
- Blas Rodríguez: Cuban librarian.
- Vladimir Sorokin: Russian author and playwright.
- Gregoris Valtinos: Greek actor and director.
- Diane Downs: American homicide. A deviant sociopath, she had been the victim of sexual abuse as a child. She was married and divorced with three kids from three different men. Demented, she wanted to get rid of the kids so she put the children in the car and shot them, driving to the woods and telling the police that a "shaggy" stranger had done it, 5/19/1983, 9:55 PM PDT, Springfield, Oregon.
- Bar-Ilan University founded in Israel
- KSTF TV channel 10 in Scottsbluff-Gering, NB (CBS / NBC) begins
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?