Saturday 7 February 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1959!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1959 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Christine Angot: French writer, novelist and playwright; perhaps best known for her 1999 novel L'Inceste (Incest) which recounts an incestuous relationship with her father.
- Brian Travers: rock saxophonist (UB40 - "Red Red Wine").
- Sammy Lee: British soccer player.
- Mick McCarthy: English footballer manager and sportscaster.
- Daniel F Malan: premier of South Africa (1948-54), dies at age 84.
- Nap Lajoie: American baseball player and manager (d. 1959).
- DF Malan: South African Prime Minister, father of Apartheid policy (Born 1874).
- Napoleon Lajorie: Baseball player, dies at 83.
- Guitar Slim: American blues guitarist (Born 1926).
- Slim [Eddie Jones] Guitar: Rocker, dies at 32
- Whoop-Up closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 56 performances
- Castro proclaims new Cuban constitution
- Cessna lands in Las Vegas after 65 d without landing (refuels in air)
- Dorothy Rigney sells Chicago White Sox to Bill Veeck for a reported US$27 million.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Jack Scott - Goodbye Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 February 1959 and get them!