Saturday 7 February 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1959!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1959 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Sammy Lee: British soccer player.
- Brian Travers: rock saxophonist (UB40 - "Red Red Wine").
- Christine Angot: French writer, novelist and playwright; perhaps best known for her 1999 novel L'Inceste (Incest) which recounts an incestuous relationship with her father.
- Mick McCarthy: English footballer manager and sportscaster.
- Napoleon Lajorie: Baseball player, dies at 83.
- Slim [Eddie Jones] Guitar: Rocker, dies at 32.
- Daniel F Malan: premier of South Africa (1948-54), dies at age 84.
- DF Malan: South African Prime Minister, father of Apartheid policy (Born 1874).
- Guitar Slim: American blues guitarist (Born 1926).
- Nap Lajoie: American baseball player and manager (d. 1959)
- Whoop-Up closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 56 performances
- Castro proclaims new Cuban constitution
- Cessna lands in Las Vegas after 65 d without landing (refuels in air)
- Dorothy Rigney sells Chicago White Sox to Bill Veeck for a reported US$27 million.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Jack Scott - Goodbye Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?