Monday 16 February 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly Tripuka in Glenn Ridge and Jacques Ferrier.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
The Journey, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Emergency.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1959!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1959 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Kelly Tripuka in Glenn Ridge: New Jersey, USA; NBA forward (Detroit Pistons, Utah Jazz).
- Jacques Ferrier: French architect, building engineer, architectural academic professor.
- Véronique Lorimier: French astrologer and Tarot card reader, author of the books "Cours de tarologie" (1994), "Le phénomène OVNI vu à travers l'astrologie" (1992) and "Lettre d'une Astrologue a un Psychanalyste" (2004).
- John McEnroe: German-American tennis champ who first made international headlines in 1977-1978 as the youngest player to reach the men's semi-finals at Wimbledon in 100 years.
- Kelly Tripucka: American basketball player, a 6' 6" 225 lb.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 February 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Jack Scott - Goodbye Baby
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Reg Owen and His Orchestra - Manhattan Spiritual
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?