Thursday 5 February 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1959!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1959 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Glenn Dubis in Lincoln: Nebraska, USA; 3x40 rifle (Olympics-1984, 1988, 1996).
- Sudip Chatterjee: Indian footballer and manager (d. 2006).
- Jennifer lawyer and politician: 47th Governor of Michigan.
- Armando Husillos: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Jennifer Granholm American politician: 47th Governor of Michigan.
- Gwili Andre: Actress (No Other Woman, Roar of the Dragon).
- Redhead opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 455 performances
- Australia regains the Ashes with a 10-wicket victory at Adelaide.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Jack Scott - Goodbye Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?