Thursday 26 February 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
The Journey, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1959!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1959 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Rolando Blackman: American basketball player and coach.
- Ahmet Davutoğlu: Turkish political scientist academic and politician 37th Prime Minister of Turkey.
- Selig Suskin: Russian-born Israeli agronomist and early Zionist (Born 1873).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- LaVern Baker - I Cried A Tear
- Annette - Tall Paul
- Petite Fleur (Little Flower) - Chris Barber's Jazz Band
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Ray Anthony - Peter Gunn
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?