Friday 20 February 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
The Journey, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1959!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1959 ?
- Joel Rifkind: New York serial killer.
- Scott Evans: Brayton; racing car driver.
- Susanne Nevrin: Swedish-American model known as Zanna.
- Scott Brayton: American race car driver (Born 1959).
- David Corn: American journalist and author.
- Bill Gullickson: US baseball pitcher (Detroit Tigers).
- Ray McDonald: Dancer, dies of barbiturate overdose at 38.
- The Canadian Government cancels the CF-105 Arrow project.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Jack Scott - Goodbye Baby
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Reg Owen and His Orchestra - Manhattan Spiritual
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?