Wednesday 1 November 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Burney and Kinky Friedman.
The Woman in the Window, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1944 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Mike Burney: English saxophonist (Wizzard) (d. 2014).
- Kinky Friedman: American singer-songwriter and author.
- Bobby Heenan: American professional wrestling manager and commentator.
- Oscar Temaru: French-Polynesian soldier and politician President of French Polynesia.
- Rafic Hariri: Lebanese businessman and politician 60th Prime Minister of Lebanon (d. 2005).
- Zeeuws and Flanders freed
- Japanese begin launching large balloons with bombs destined for the west coast of North America. The balloons maintain a range of altitude by releasing sandbags or hydrogen automatically during their flight. The bombs are set to be released when all sandbags have been dropped.
- December 7 ampndash Delegates of 52 nations meet at the International Civil Aviation Conference in Chicago to plan for postwar international cooperation, framing the constitution of the International Civil Aviation Organization.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dance With A Dolly (With a Hole In Her Stocking) - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?