Friday 17 November 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Thin Man Goes Home, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1944 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Mack: American businessman, Chairman and CEO of Morgan Stanley since June 30, 2005.
- Tom Seaver: American professional baseball player known as "Tom Terrific" with the New York Mets who led them from ninth place in 1968 to first place in 1969.
- Jim Boeheim: American basketball player and coach.
- Malcolm Bruce: English-Scottish journalist academic and politician.
- Rem Koolhaas: Dutch architect and academic designed the Seattle Central Library.
- Lorne Michaels: Canadian-American screenwriter and producer created Saturday Night Live
- Gene Clark: American musician, vocalist and guitar and tambourine player beginning with the "New Christy Minstrels." In 1964 he joined "The Byrds," which started in Los Angeles, cranking out major hits within two years. He had met David Crosby at L.A.'s Troubadour on a hootenanny night.
- Stephanie Clement: American pro astrologer with a pragmatic approach. A PhD, she earned her doctorate in Transpersonal Psychology. She was an associate professor at the Naropa Institute in Colorado for six years and by 2000, was on the faculty of Kepler College. Her books include "What Astrology Can Do For You," "Charting Your Career," "Counseling Techniques in Astrology" and "Consciousness and the Midheaven." She co-authored "Dreams," an interactive journaling program for PCs and "Opportunities," a vocational ast
- Danny De Vito in Neptune: New Jersey, USA; actor (Taxi, Ruthless People, Twins).
- Danny DeVito: American actor
- Danny De Vito: American 5 ft tall actor and director. He was awarded an Emmy in 1982 for his role as Louie in the TV sit-com "Taxi." His steadily growing credits on TV and film have made him one of Hollywood's movers and shakers.
- Eugene Clarke: Tipton, Missouri -- Rock guitarist
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?