Saturday 8 April 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Douglas Hyde and Emil Mihai Cioran.
Hamlet, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1911 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Douglas Hyde: Socialist / Christian.
- Emil Mihai Cioran: Writer / aphorist.
- Melvin Calvin: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1997).
- Emil Cioran: Romanian-French philosopher and academic (d. 1995).
- Dutch physicist Heike Kamerlingh Onnes discovers superconductivity.
- Heike Kamerlingh Onnes discovers Superconductivityvan Delft, D., and Kes, P. The discovery of superconductivity. Physics Today (September 2010), 38–43.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 April 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Love the Name of Mary - Will Oakland
- Grizzly Bear - Arthur Collins
- Cheer Up, My Honey - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?