Friday 8 January 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1909 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Ashapoorna Devi: Indian author and poet (d. 1995).
- Willy Millowitsch: German actor director and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- Bruce Mitchell: South African cricketer (d. 1995).
- Nikolaos Platon: Greek archaeologist (Born 1909).
- Evelyn Wood: American author and educator (d. 1995).
- Jose Ferrer: Santurce, Puerto Rico -- Oscar winning actor (Cyrano de Bergerac)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good Evening, Caroline - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?