Tuesday 5 January 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1909 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Lucienne Bloch: Swiss-born American sculptor, muralist, photographer (d. 1995).
- Stephen Kleene: American mathematician and computer scientist (d. 1994).
- Stephen Cole: Kleene mathematician (Regular Expressions).
- Jean-Pierre Aumont Paris France actor (Count of Monte Cristo: Cat and Mouse, Happy Hooker).
- Simon Harcourt: Nowell-Smith bibliophile.
- Colombia recognizes the independence of Panama.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good Evening, Caroline - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?