Thursday 14 January 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Inner Shrine by Anonymous (Basil King) was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1909 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Brenda Forbes: English-American actress (d. 1996).
- Joseph Walton Losey: Wisconsin, United States -- Director (Damned, Accident).
- Joseph Losey: American theater and film director.
- Sinovi P Rozhestvensky Russian admiral: dies at age 60.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- If You'll Remember Me - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?