Saturday 8 January 1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pearl Amoah and Ryan Frances.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show) by Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr..
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
The Sentinel, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meeting of Minds.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dominos or Video Olympics.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1977!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1977 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Pearl Amoah: Miss Universe - Ghana (1996).
- Ryan Frances: Actor (Trevor-Sisters).
- Lee Yoo-jin: Korean actress.
- Manuela Arcuri: Italian actress, television personality, fashion model and soubrette, best known to the general Italian public for being the protagonist of two successful television shows, "L'onore e il rispetto" and "Il peccato e la vergogna.
- Amber Benson: American actress.
- Ilisha Jarret: American basketball player
- Ron Pederson: Canadian actor
- Melanie Seeger: German race walker
- Trey Smith: American author
- Three bombs went off in Moscow within 37 minutes, killing seven. The bombings are attributed to an Armenian separatist group.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Brick - Dazz
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Burton Cummings - Stand Tall
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?