Saturday 8 June 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Mortal Storm, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1940 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Sherman Garnes: Rock vocalist (Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers).
- Nancy Sinatra in Jersey City: New Jersey, USA; singer ("These Boots Were Made For Walkin'").
- Nancy Sinatra: American singer and author from a noted family, the eldest daughter of her famous crooner dad, Frank Sinatra and his wife Nancy.
- Arthur Elgort: American photographer.
- Jim Wickwire: American lawyer and mountaineer.
- Frederick Shepherd Converse: US composer, dies at 69.
- 72nd Belmont: Fred A Smith aboard Bimelech wins in 2:29.6
- Last British troops leave Narvik Norway
- Discovery of element 93, neptunium, announced.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?