Sunday 8 June 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence "Fuzzy" Haskins and Joop H van den Berg.
Out of the Fog, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1941 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Clarence "Fuzzy" Haskins: US pop singer (Funkadelic-Knee Deep).
- Joop H van den Berg: Dutch 2nd Chamber member (PvdA).
- Irving Bailey: American CEO of Capital Holding, an investment contract, life insurance and credit card company.
- Elisabeth Dejonge: American ballet dancer.
- Robert Bradford: Irish minister and politician (d. 1981).
- Fuzzy Haskins: American singer guitarist and producer (The Parliaments and Parliament-Funkadelic)
- George Pell: Australian cardinal
- English and French troop overthrow pro-German Syria
- World War II: Allies invade Syria and Lebanon.
- WWII: British and Free French forces invade Syria.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?