Sunday 8 June 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence "Fuzzy" Haskins and Joop H van den Berg.
Out of the Fog, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1941 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Clarence "Fuzzy" Haskins: US pop singer (Funkadelic-Knee Deep).
- Joop H van den Berg: Dutch 2nd Chamber member (PvdA).
- Irving Bailey: American CEO of Capital Holding, an investment contract, life insurance and credit card company.
- Elisabeth Dejonge: American ballet dancer.
- Robert Bradford: Irish minister and politician (d. 1981).
- Fuzzy Haskins: American singer guitarist and producer (The Parliaments and Parliament-Funkadelic)
- George Pell: Australian cardinal
- English and French troop overthrow pro-German Syria
- World War II: Allies invade Syria and Lebanon.
- WWII: British and Free French forces invade Syria.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?