Sunday 8 November 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gentleman Jim, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1942 ?
- Aleksandr Yakovlevich Kramarenko: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Gerald Alston: US singer (Manhattans-Crazy).
- Marc Penfield: American astrologer and writer, a student with Marcia Moore in 1971.
- Ronald Howland: British pro astrologer currently based in Brighton, England who began his studies in the early 1970s.
- Sandro Mazzola: Italian soccer player, noted family, son of soccer player Valentino Mazzola.
- Allies under Eisenhower land in N-Africa (Casablanca)
- Hitler proclaims fall of Stalingrad from Munich beer hall
- Vichy-France drops diplomatic relations with US
- Operation Torch begins, as Allied forces land in Northern Africa. The Western Task Force with 24,500 Americans under Major General George Patton land at Fedala (15 miles north of Casablanca), Mehdia (55 miles south of Casablanca), and Safi (140 miles south of Casablanca). The Center Task Force with 18,500 Americans under Major General Lloyd Fredenall land near Oran. The Eastern Task Force with 9000 British and 9000 Americans and 2000 British Commandos under American Major General Charles Ryder
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- There Are Such Things - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra (Vocal Frank Sinatra & Pied Pipers)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?