Saturday 9 April 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chico Ryan and Steve Gadd jazz drummer (Triplet Hop.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Fireside Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1949 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Chico Ryan: Rock vocalist (Sha Na Na).
- Steve Gadd jazz drummer (Triplet Hop: Complex Jazz).
- Tony Cragg: English sculptor.
- UN International Court of Justice held Albania responsible for incidents in Corfu Channel and awards Britain damages
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 April 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Perry Como & Fontane Sisters
- Vic Damone - Again
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?