Sunday 3 April 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1949 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Jan Keizer: Dutch singer (BZN - "Rhythm of My Heart").
- Anne De Salvo in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Compromising Positions).
- Anthony Grayling: British philosopher.
- Bernard Bettle: American unemployed auto mechanic who, on 7/03/1992 at 00:15 AM, opened fire with a rifle and fatally wounded Mark Benton.
- Claude Michy: French football chairman and investor, the President of the Clermontois football club Clermont Foot Auvergne 63, since 2005.
- Richard Thompson: English musician, a guitarist and singer and founding member of Fairport Convention, the British folk-rock band. He left the group in 1970 to pursue a solo career. He released his first solo album two years later in 1972. With Linda Peters whom he married that year, he released six albums in addition to others on his own. They divorced in 1982 and he married Nancy Covey in 1985. Thompson has released several albums since then and has written soundtracks for mvies. In 2005, he wrote and performed
- Lyle Alzado: NFL defense linesman (Oakland Raiders), dies of cancer at age 43.
- A Grayling: English philosopher and academic
- Hans-Georg Schwarzenbeck: German footballer
- Basil Harwood: Composer, dies at 89.
- KQW-AM in San Francisco CA changes call letters to KCBS
- North Atlantic Treaty, pact signed by US, Britain, France and Canada
- WLWS (now WCMH) TV channel 4 in Columbus, OH (NBC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mel Torme - Again
- I Don't See Me In Your Eyes Anymore - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra (Vocal Stardusters)
- Need You - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?