Thursday 7 April 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1949 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Fernando Llort: An internationally recognized Salvadoran artist, called "El Salvador's National Artist" by the Foundation for Self Sufficiency in Central America (now called EcoViva).
- John Oates: Rock Singer.
- John Oates in New York City: New York, USA; guitarist/vocalist (Hall and Oates - "Rich Girl").
- Luca Cumani: Italian-English horse trainer.
- Mitch Daniels: American academic and politician 49th Governor of Indiana.
- Christophe Dejours: French psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, founder of the psychodynamics of work.
- South Pacific opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 1928 performances
- Rogers and Hammerstein's play South Pacific opens at Majestic Theater in New York (for 1928 performances).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mel Torme - Again
- I Don't See Me In Your Eyes Anymore - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra (Vocal Stardusters)
- Need You - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?