Thursday 7 April 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Oates in New York City and Christophe Dejours.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Fireside Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1949 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- John Oates in New York City: New York, USA; guitarist/vocalist (Hall and Oates - "Rich Girl").
- Christophe Dejours: French psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, founder of the psychodynamics of work.
- Fernando Llort: An internationally recognized Salvadoran artist, called "El Salvador's National Artist" by the Foundation for Self Sufficiency in Central America (now called EcoViva).
- John Oates: Rock Singer.
- Luca Cumani: Italian-English horse trainer.
- Mitch Daniels: American academic and politician 49th Governor of Indiana
- South Pacific opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 1928 performances
- Rogers and Hammerstein's play South Pacific opens at Majestic Theater in New York (for 1928 performances).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 April 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mel Torme - Again
- I Don't See Me In Your Eyes Anymore - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra (Vocal Stardusters)
- Need You - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?