Friday 9 February 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amber Valletta in Phoenix and Colin Egglesfield.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crocodile Rock by Elton John.
In UK Blockbuster by The Sweet was in the top 5 hits.
The Harder They Come, directed by Perry Henzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Le jeune Fabre.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1973!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1973 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Amber Valletta in Phoenix: Arizona, USA; model (Face, House of Style, Bazaar).
- Colin Egglesfield: American actor.
- Svetlana Boginskaya: Belarusian gymnast.
- Shaun Parkes: English actor.
- Biju Patnaik of the Pragati Legislature Party is elected leader of the opposition in the state assembly in Orissa, India.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Steely Dan - Do It Again
- War - The World Is A Ghetto
- Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man
- Lobo - Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?