Monday 9 May 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey Holland and Nokie Edwards.
The Adventures of Robin Hood, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1938 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Geoffrey Holland: Civil servant.
- Nokie Edwards: rocker (The Ventures).
- Thomas Norris: American administrator and CEO of P.H.
- Charles Simic: Yugoslavian-born poet, 15th Poet Laureate of the United States.
- Thomas B Thrige: Danish industrialist (Born 1866).
- Kaarel Eenpalu becomes prime minister of Estonia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Girl In The Bonnet Of Blue - Dick Todd
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?