Sunday 9 March 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Fiorentino and Martin Fry.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Get A Job by The Silhouettes.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Brothers Karamazov, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1958 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Linda Fiorentino: American actress.
- Martin Fry: English singer-songwriter (ABC and Vice Versa).
- Jack Kenny: American television writer and producer.
- Branko Vukelić: Croatian politician 11th Croatian Minister of Defence (d. 2013).
- Paul MacLean: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- George Yardley (Detroit Pistons) is first NBA player to score 2,000 points in season.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Silhouettes - Get A Job
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- Royal Teens - Short Shorts
- The Four Preps - 26 Miles (Santa Catalina)
- The Crescendos - Oh Julie
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- Danny & The Juniors - At The Hop
- The Diamonds - The Stroll
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- Paul Anka - You Are My Destiny
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?