Monday 31 March 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Long, Hot Summer, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1958 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Annick Lepetit: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Sylvester Groth: German tenor and actor.
- Jay Feenan in Windham: New Hampshire, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Pat McGlynn in Edinburgh: Scotland; rock guitarist (Bay City Rollers).
- Tony Cox: American actor.
- Pat McGlynn: Scottish musician, guitarist and band member of Bay City Rollers. McGlynn came aboard in July 1977 replacing Ian Mitchell who replaced Alan Longmuir, one of the founding brothers of the original group. The band only had a solid two more hits before it's demise in late 1978.
- Ken Meeker in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Rafe Garretson - One Life to Live).
- The Grand Canyon Diorama attraction opens in Disneyland, part of the Santa Fe and Disneyland Railroad. At 306 feet long, it is the world's longest seamless hand-woven canvas.
- USSR suspends nuclear weapons tests, and urges US and Britain to do same.
- US Navy forms atomic submarine division.
- In the Canadian federal election, the Progressive Conservatives, led by John Diefenbaker, win the largest percentage of seats in Canadian history, with 208 seats of 265.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?