Sunday 2 March 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Get A Job by The Silhouettes.
In UK The Story Of My Life by Michael Holliday was in the top 5 hits.
The Brothers Karamazov, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1958 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Bernard Bonsignour: French homicide; strangled his aging mistress on 5/24/1987.
- Kevin Curren: South African-American tennis player.
- Grace Kennedy: Jamaican-English singer and television host.
- Ian Woosnam: English-Welsh golfer.
- Fred Merkle: American baseball player and manager (d. 1958).
- 1st surface crossing of Antarctic continent is completed in 99 days
- Marilynn Smith wins LPGA Jacksonville Golf Open.
- Yemen announces it will join the United Arab Republic.
- A British Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition team led by Sir Vivian Fuchs completes the first overland crossing of the Antarctic, using snowcat caterpillar tractors and dogsled teams, in 99 days, via the South Pole.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?