Sunday 9 November 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Eine Fliegenjagd oder Die Rache der Frau Schultze, directed by Eugen Skladanowsky, Max Skladanowsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1913!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1913 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Lou Ambers: American boxer, the World Lightweight Champion 1936-37.
- Bernard Clappier: French official.
- Roland Boudet: Bubertré Journalist.
- Hedy Lamarr: Vienna, Austria -- Actress (Ecstacy, Samson & Delilah).
- Paulene Myers: American actress (d. 1996).
- Storm Freshwater Fury sinks 8 ore-carriers on Great Lakes
- The Great Lakes Storm of 1913, the most destructive natural disaster ever to hit the lakes, destroys 19 ships and kills more than 250 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Charles Harrison
- Sailing Down the Chesapeake Bay - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?