Tuesday 11 June 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1963 ?
- Gioia Bruno: Italian-American singer, a member of the world-known group "Expose.
- Bruce Kimball: American diver and coach.
- Sandra Schmirler: Canadian curler and sportscaster (d. 2000).
- Michael Neukhar: American race car driver of go-karts on weekends, holidays, every chance he can get.
- Max Stevens: Millmeran, Queensland -- Australasia golfer.
- Tommy Barnhardt: NFL punter (Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers, TB Bucs)
- Joe Racer: American race-car driver of go-carts. Vocationally he is an oil and gas salesman. He won a race September 1992 and lost his driving license for a month for a speeding ticket on 9/26/1992.
- Gov Wallace tries to prevent blacks registering at University of Alabama
- Greek government of Karamanlis resigns
- JFK says segregation is morally wrong and that it is time to act
- US President John Kennedy says segregation is morally wrong and that it is "time to act".
- Buddhist monk Thich Quang Duc burns himself with gasoline in a busy Saigon intersection to protest the lack of religious freedom in South Vietnam.
- American Civil Rights Movement: Alabama Governor George Wallace stands at the door of Foster Auditorium at the University of Alabama in an attempt to block two black students, Vivian Malone and James Hood, from attending that school. Later in the day, accompanied by federalized National Guard troops, they are able to register.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- Bobby Darin - 18 Yellow Roses
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?