Tuesday 11 June 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Max Stevens and Tommy Barnhardt.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1963 ?
- Max Stevens: Millmeran, Queensland -- Australasia golfer.
- Tommy Barnhardt: NFL punter (Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers, TB Bucs).
- Gioia Bruno: Italian-American singer, a member of the world-known group "Expose.
- Michael Neukhar: American race car driver of go-karts on weekends, holidays, every chance he can get.
- Joe Racer: American race-car driver of go-carts.
- Bruce Kimball: American diver and coach
- Sandra Schmirler: Canadian curler and sportscaster (d. 2000)
- Gov Wallace tries to prevent blacks registering at University of Alabama
- Greek government of Karamanlis resigns
- JFK says segregation is morally wrong and that it is time to act
- US President John Kennedy says segregation is morally wrong and that it is "time to act".
- Buddhist monk Thich Quang Duc burns himself with gasoline in a busy Saigon intersection to protest the lack of religious freedom in South Vietnam.
- American Civil Rights Movement: Alabama Governor George Wallace stands at the door of Foster Auditorium at the University of Alabama in an attempt to block two black students, Vivian Malone and James Hood, from attending that school. Later in the day, accompanied by federalized National Guard troops, they are able to register.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 June 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- Bobby Darin - 18 Yellow Roses
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?