Friday 11 June 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Toy Story 3, directed by Lee Unkrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 11 June 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 June
- Zenani Mandela: Nelson Mandela's great granddaughter (Born 1997).
- RPET5's 20th Birthday!
- Shanghai International Film Festival:
- From Oscar-winning blockbusters to low-budget art-house and documentary films, the 13th Shanghai International Film Festival screens films for everyone. It will feature a retrospective of films by Woody Allen and John Woo, classic movies from Japan, Canada, Germany, Italy and Ireland, as well as new Chinese cinema. (SIFF)
- 2010 Kyrgyzstan crisis:
- Riots erupt in the southern city of Osh killing at least 45, and injuring over a hundred others. The violence comes just over two months after violent riots in Bishkek toppled Kurmanbek Bakiyev's government, and only days ahead of a critical constitutional referendrum. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- A curfew is imposed and a state of emergency declared in Osh by the interim government. (Aljazeera)
- Mexico – United States relations:
- Univision airs video footage of the U.S. agent who fatally shot a Mexican boy on Monday. (Press TV)
- Mexico asks that the American agent who shot the boy be extradited. (''Daily Mail'')
- Politics of Japan:
- Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan warns that the nation's economy is on ampquotbrink of collapseampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- Shizuka Kamei, minister in charge of postal reform and financial services, quits after three days in protest over Kan's decision to delay a bill related to the proposed postal service privatisation. (''The Australian'')
- François Bazaramba is sentenced to life imprisonment for his part in the 1994 Rwandan Genocide in Porvoo, Finland's first genocide trial. (Reuters)
- Israeli police fatally shoot a Palestinian driver who was attempting to run them down the two policeman and three civilians are injured in the incident. (''The New York Times'')
- 40 people are killed and at least four others are wounded in an attack by at least 30 gunmen in Chihuahua, Mexico. (''Toronto Sun'')
- At least 20 people die during flash floods of the Little Missouri River through a campground in the Ouachita Mountains near Caddo Gap, Arkansas, west of Little Rock, Arkansas in the United States. (Reuters)
- At least 11 civilians and two US soldiers are killed in southern Afghanistan: 9 of the civilian deaths are in a roadside bomb on a minibus in Kandahar. (Aljazeera)
- Pope Benedict XVI begs for forgiveness from God and from those who have been abused as children by priests. (Aljazeera)
- A small plane crashes into Round Valley High School in Eagar, Arizona with at least two casualties. (Fox TV Phoenix)
- Researchers use X-ray techniques to discover that Rose of Viterbo died from thrombus in her heart, not tuberculosis as originally thought. (Fox News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?