Sunday 6 June 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
The A-Team, directed by Joe Carnahan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 6 June 2010 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 June
- 41 people have been killed in fighting over the past three days in Sudan's western region of Darfur according to a Sudan tribal leader. (AFP)
- A suicide attack involving a car bomb kills six people and wounds about a dozen others in Baghdad, Iraq. Two more bombs go off elsewhere but no deaths are reported. (CNN)
- A passenger train, with about 60 passengers, travelling between Glasgow and Oban derails leaving the carriages perched over an embankment. (BBC)
- 16 people are injured during a crush outside Makhulong Stadium in Tembisa, Johannesburg ahead of the 2010 FIFA World Cup warm-up match between Nigeria and North Korea, to which entry was free. (AP)
- United States Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen, the US government's response manager to the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster says that BP is making progress stopping the oil flow, but that it is too early to call the effort a success and the spill may continue for several months. (''The New York Times'')
- The United Nations airlifts baby gorillas from the Democratic Republic of the Congo where militias log and mine their habitat and it is feared gorillas may become extinct by the mid-2020s. (CNN)
- Israel rejects United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's proposal to create an international committee of inquiry into the raid on Gaza flotilla raid committee members would include representatives from the United States, Turkey and Israel. (BBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI calls for an urgent international effort to resolve tensions in the Middle East, at the end of a three-day trip to Cyprus. (BBC)
- French fishermen off the coast of Malta repel an attempt by Greenpeace to obstruct their operations, sinking several Greenpeace Zodiac boats and injuring a Greenpeace activist. (''The Malta Independent'')
- Two men bound for Somalia to join an Islamic extremist group with links to Al-Qaeda are arrested at Kennedy International Airport, New York City, United States. (''The New York Times'')
- The 11th Panchen Lama hosted a religious prayer ceremony at the Razheng Monastery, 240 kilometers away from Lhasa. (tibet.cn)
- NASA scientists discover that Titan, one of Saturn's moons, has the necessary atmosphere to support life. (''USA Today'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?