Saturday 19 June 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Grown Ups, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 19 June 2010 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 June
- Burmese Democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi turns 65, as international and domestic pressure for her release from house arrest intensify. Guards surrounding her home allow her to receive a birthday cake and a bouquet of flowers from political supporters. (Yahoo! News)
- A gunman shoots 4 people then turns the gun on himself in San Bernardino, California. (AP via ''Atlanta Journal Constitution'')
- A former Rwandan army chief in exile, Faustin Nyamwasa, is shot in South Africa. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 48 people are killed in rival clashes between nomadic groups in the Darfur region of Sudan. (AFP)
- Gunfire at a combat post in Afghanistan killed a French soldier and wounded an Afghan translator. (CNN)
- A drone attack on a militant hideout in North Waziristan in Pakistan, killed at least 13 people and injured six others. (CNN)
- 5 policemen are killed and 14 others injured in four separate attacks against the police forces in Pakistan. (Xinhua)
- Four suspected al-Qaida gunmen blast their way into the intelligence headquarters. The attack on the heavily protected security complex kills 18 in the southern port city of Aden, Yemen. (''Washington Post'')
- Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria marries Daniel Westling Westling becomes Duke of Västergötland. (''BusinessWeek'')
- 10 Turkish soldiers are killed during clashes with Kurdish rebels on the border of Turkey and Iraq, in Şemdinli township of Hakkâri province and in the Gediktepe-Tekeli region. (CNN)
- Roadside bomb blast kills 4, wounds 12 in bus carrying soldiers in Istanbul. (AA)
- Nauruan parliamentary election:
- Parliamentary elections take place, with 18 seats at stake in the Parliament of Nauru. The President is elected to serve a 3-year term. (Election Guide)
- Flooding in South China kills at least 88 people, and forces nearly 750,000 people to leave their homes. (ABC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?