Sunday 13 June 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Diary of a Lost Girl, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 13 June 2010 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 June
- Egyptian security forces beat protesters at a demonstration against human rights abuses in Egypt and an incident of police brutality that resulted in the death of a young man a week ago. (Los Angeles Times)
- 10 police were killed in an attack on Sunday on an outpost in Dai Kundi province in central Afghanistan. (TVNZ)
- An investigation by ''The Sunday Times'' alleges that Japan has bribed smaller nations in exchange for their vote to resume whaling at the International Whaling Commission. (The Sunday Times)
- A plane carrying 16 Al Jazeera Sports broadcast staff to the 2010 FIFA World Cup game between Algeria and Slovenia in Polokwane made an emergency landing at Lanseria International Airport following the jamming of the aircraft's landing gear. Lanseria International Airport is shut down. (IOL)
- 2010 Kyrgyzstan crisis:
- Tensions remain high in Kyrgyzstan, with police patrolling the streets and special forces standing guard in the city of Osh and Jalal-Abad, after ethnic clashes left more than 100 people dead and about 1,400 others injured since fighting broke out Thursday night. (Aljazeera)
- 150 paratroopers from Russia arrived to Kant, Kyrgyzstan on Sunday. (presstv.ir)
- Tens of thousands of people flee across the border into Uzbekistan. (BBC)
- 3 aircrafts Il-76 are landing at the Kant air base, they departed from Ramenskoye Airport, located in Moscow region (Zhukovsky city). (24)
- 5 people have died and dozens been injured in a stampede at a rally in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi. (aajmedia)
- At least two people are killed and 20 injured in a stampede at a peace concert in Côte d'Ivoire. (''Philippine Inquirer'')
- Hezbollah warns Israel on gas fields being claimed by both Israel and Lebanon. (VJ)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak cancels an official two-day trip to France at short notice, while several French members of the flotilla and three MPs plan to file a lawsuit against him in France and at the International Criminal Court in The Hague. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico is appointed by President Ivan Gašparovič to form a new government. (Xinhua)
- The Belgian elections take place amid a possibility of partition. (Xinhua)
- The N-VA wins. (Aljazeera)
- Venezuelan authorities issue an arrest warrant for the head of Globovisión, the country's only remaining independent television station which criticises President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez. (Aljazeera)
- Fighting between government troops and police in Somalia leaves at least 13 people dead and 14 injured in the capital Mogadishu. (Reuters Africa)
- Two people are killed and six others are wounded during four explosions close to the entrance of the Iraqi central bank building in downtown Baghdad. (Xinhua)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?