Saturday 11 June 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Drive, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Your Garden.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brawl Busters or Crysis 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 11 June 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 June
- At least 4,300 Syrians flee into Turkey amid a government crackdown on protests. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Bahraini protests: More than 10,000 people join an opposition rally for the first time in months calling for reform. (Al Jazeera)
- Fazul Abdullah Mohammed, mastermind of the 1998 United States embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, is killed in Somalia. (Xinhua)
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh's health is in poor condition a week after a bomb blast injured him and killed several others. (AFP via Google News)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Rebels make further gains west of Tripoli, battling in Zawiya just 30 miles from the capital. (Forbes)
- South Korea welcomes the return of ancient Korean royal books looted by French troops in 1866, during an invasion of Ganghwa Island in retaliation for Koreans' persecution of French Catholic missionaries. (Yonhap)
- Entertainer Bruce Forsyth is knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours. Others recognised for their contribution to society include actor Colin Firth, and the team which secured England's Ashes victory over Australia. (BBC)
- Media censorship laws in Burma relating to sport, entertainment, lottery and fairytales are eased slightly, though restrictions on news titles remain. (Australia Network News)
- Over half a million people demonstrate in Rome, Italy, demanding same sex rights. (RIA Novosti)
- Two officials are detained in China after 1,500 people clashed with riot police over the death of a local legislator in police custody. (''Times of India'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?