Thursday 3 June 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
The A-Team, directed by Joe Carnahan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Women Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything by Geneen Roth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 3 June 2010 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 June
- The US Mint officially launches the 2010 Yellowstone National Park quarter dollar, at Yellowstone Park.
- US actress Rue McClanahan (Blanche - The Golden Girls, Golden Palace) dies following a stroke at age 76.
- British Airways issues an apology for a photograph in a staff magazine which implied Osama Bin Laden had a frequent flyer boarding pass for first class. (BBC)
- Gaza flotilla raid:
- United Nations Human Rights Council passed a resolution calling for an independent fact-finding mission into Israel's interception of a Gaza-bound flotilla. (Jewish Telegraphic Agency)
- Turkey buries its citizens killed in the raid. Israel states there is ampquotno needampquot for an international inquiry because it expects its own inquiry to meet the ampquothighest international standards.ampquot President of Turkey Abdullah Gül states relations between the two countries would ampquotnever be the sameampquot. (Aljazeera)
- A United States Department of State official says a 19-year-old with dual American-Turkish citizenship was among those shot dead, four times in the head at close range and five times overall, during the raid. (The Associated Press)
- ''The Sydney Morning Herald'''s chief correspondent Paul McGeough and photographer Kate Geraghty are among the captives to have been released. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 37 British nationals captured by Israel during the raid begin returning home. (Channel 4 News)
- Israeli protesters wave Armenian and Kurdish flags in front of the Turkish embassy in Tel Aviv, during a violent demonstration in which Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdoğan is called ampquota fascistampquot. (VideoPedia)
- At least 20 people are killed and 60 injured in heavy fighting between government forces and Islamist militants in the capital Mogadishu. (Sify)
- Somali forces from the semi-autonomous region of Puntland storm a hijacked Panamanian-flagged cargo ship, capturing the pirates and freeing the crew. (Xinhua)
- The Chinese newspaper ''Southern Metropolitan Daily'' publishes a cartoon referring to the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 the image is later removed. (''Ottawa Citizen'')
- ITV postpones a second night of its soap opera ''Coronation Street'' due to a storyline which had similar themes to the Cumbria shootings. (''The Guardian'')
- The Financial Services Authority (FSA) fines JPMorgan Securities a record sum of £33.32 million ($48.2 million) for failure to protect the money of its clients. (BBC)
- The death toll from a fire in Dhaka rises to at least 87 people, injures more than 100 more and leaves others trapped and in danger. (''The Mercury'')
- The death toll from rain-triggered landslides and flooding in south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region rose to 44. (Xinhuanet)
- A lion fatally wounds a South African woman working at the Chipangali Wildlife Orphanage in Bulawayo, the sanctuary's first human fatality since its establishment three decades ago. (ABC News)
- 3 people are arrested after a man wrongly jailed for 11 years in central China Shangqiu City. (CRI)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?