Monday 11 December 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francisco Rodriguez in Brooklyn and Daniel Alfredsson in Grums.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arthur of the Britons.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1972 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Francisco Rodriguez in Brooklyn: New York, USA; pitcher (Minnesota Twins).
- Daniel Alfredsson in Grums: Sweden; NHL right wing (Ottawa Senators).
- Robert Robinson: Canadian Football League defensive linebacker (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Bastien Lallemant: French songwriter and performer.
- Daniel Alfredsson: Swedish ice hockey player.
- Sami Al-Jaber: Saudi Arabian footballer and manager
- Andriy Husin: Ukrainian footballer and manager (d. 2014)
- Rusty Joiner: American model and actor
- Semjon I Kirsanov: Ukrainian Poet (Zolushka), dies at 66.
- Astronauts Cernan and Harrison become 11th and 12th on Moon
- Apollo 17 becomes the sixth American mission to land on the Moon. Astronauts Cernan and Harrison become 11th and 12th astronauts on the Moon.
- The film ''Man of La Mancha'', based on the hit musical, begins a roadshow run in New York City. Most critics savage it, partly because the cast is made up of mostly non-singing actors who nevertheless sing in the film. The only actor to have his singing voice dubbed is Peter O'Toole, who stars as Cervantes and Don Quixote. Gino Conforti is the only member of the original cast to repeat his role. The film is a box office flop, but more than twenty years later, its reputation starts to improve
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- America - Ventura Highway
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- The Stylistics - I'm Stone In Love With You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?