Monday 4 January 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1943 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: American writer.
- Tom Wilkinson: Canadian Football League quarterback (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Doris Goodwin: American historian and author.
- Hwang Sok-yong: South Korean author and educator.
- Georges Chelon: French singer and songwriter.
- Priit Vesilind: Estonian-American author and photographer
- Thomas Mann completes his tetralogy, Joseph & His Brothers
- Culbert Olson, 29th Governor of California, is succeeded by Earl Warren.
- The United States and United Kingdom give up territorial rights in China.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?