Thursday 12 December 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Santanbien and Alexander Trowbridge.
The Manxman, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1929 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Jean Santanbien: French pro boxer, a lightweight fighter from 1951 to 1958.
- Alexander Trowbridge: American business executive in the oil industry and politician, he was Secretary of Commerce under President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- Jean Santabien: France sport Champion.
- Toshiko Akiyoshi: Japanese pianist and composer (Toshiko Akiyoshi Lew Tabackin Big Band).
- John Osborne: England, United Kingdom -- Playwright (Look Back in Anger, Luther-TONY 1964).
- Charles Goodnight: American rancher and soldier (d. 1929).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?