Friday 13 December 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Plummer .
The Manxman, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1929 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Knut Algot Hakanson: Composer, dies at 42.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?