Friday 12 December 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by Steam.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
Topaz, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1969 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Jane Robinson: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- Sebastian Savage: WLAF cornerback (Rhein Fire).
- Doug Terry NFL/WLAF safety (Kansas City Chiefs: Scotland Claymores).
- Frank Dikstaal: soccer player (MVV).
- Courtney Hawkins NFL wide receiver (Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Kris Wirtz in Red Deer: Alberta, Canada; ice pairs (1994 Skate Canada).
- Sophie Kinsella: English author and educator
- Wilfred Kirochi: Kenyan runner
- Fiona May: English-Italian long jumper
- Michael Möllenbeck: German discus thrower
- Carrie Westcott: Mission Hills, Kansas -- Playmate (Sep, 1993)
- Johanne Montay: Belgian tv journalist.
- Marisa Brel: Journalist, writer and television and radio host in Argentina.
- Hello Dolly with Barbra Striesand premieres
- Bomb attack on bank in Milan, Italy, 14 killed.
- Bill Toomey achieves track and field world record-score (8417 points).
- Strategy of tension: Piazza Fontana bombing : The offices of Banca Nazionale dell'Agricoltura in Piazza Fontana, Milan, are bombed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Mel And Tim - Backfield In Motion
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?