Thursday 19 December 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Sunnyside Up, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1929 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Buffon: Italian soccer player, goalkeeper.
- Bob Brookmeyer: American trombonist pianist and composer (The Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra) (d. 2011).
- David Douglas: 12th Marquess of Queensberry Scottish potter.
- Gregory Carroll: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Orioles and The Four Buddies) (d. 2013).
- Howard Sackler: American playwright and screenwriter (d. 1982).
- Herman T: M Lauxtermann; Dutch second chamber member (VVD).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 December 1929 and get them!